Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Leaving the Nest


Thanks for the post from Barney Crosby

When your children grow up you are kind of excited about the fact that they have graduated from college and are ready to move on to the next stage of their lives. It is hard for a parent to see all that happen, but it also makes you proud at what all they have accomplished. Well my twin daughters graduated from college and both have very promising jobs and careers ahead of them. Neither one of them is ready to settle down and get married, but they did decide to buy a small house together in Connecticut so at least they wouldn’t be throwing their money away on rent. I was really nervous at first because I was hoping for maybe a gated apartment community that would make me feel like they were safe. But they insisted they had found exactly what they wanted in this little house in an urban area near downtown. After much debate I convinced them to get a security system through home security systems Connecticut. At least now I won’t worry as much about them. They believe this, but you never stop worrying about your kids no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment