Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Wayne MI Chapter : Feast Video Recap Nov. 15

Glory to God to the following feasters that  attended the Feast Video; Melanie, Jaemel, Naty, Gary, Maricel, Ynah, Rocky, Nina, and Pk. I pray that the other members who didn't make it will be able to give it a try next time. As for the topic that we listened and shared with "Thank God I'm Filipino TGIF" was inspired from the book of Nehemiah 2:1-6.

Nehemiah’s Prayer Answered

And it came about in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of KingArtaxerxes, that wine was before him, and I took up the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had not been sad in his presence. So the king said to me, “Why is your face sad though you are not sick? This is nothing but sadness of heart.” Then I was very much afraid. I said to the king, “Let the king live forever. Why should my face not be sad when the city, the place of my fathers’ tombs, lies desolate and its gates have been consumed by fire?”Then the king said to me, “What would you request?” So I prayed to the God of heaven. I said to the king, “If it please the king, and if your servant has found favor before you, send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.” Then the king said to me, the queen sitting beside him, “How long will your journey be, and when will you return?” So it pleased the king to send me, and I gave him a definite time.

The talk was all about giving and sharing. That true joy, real happiness only comes from a Big Heart. To be truly happy, a person must forget himself. In order to do this, there are 3 things that a person must do; 1. Choose people with Big heart as Heroes. 2.  Hang out with people with Big Heart. 3. Hug other people's pain, suffering, and hunger. The Feast video ended with a sharing on "If you have a few million pesos, what would you do?  Greatness is measured not by what you have but by what you give. Greatness is innate in every Filipino.

No comments:

Post a Comment