Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Spirit of Christmas


"The Spirit of Christmas 
is in its beautiful traditions 
and thoughtful customs"

Five days to go and its Christmas time. Whew, time flies so fast and I do miss a lot of things I used to do.

First is the "Simbang Gabi" or Misa de Gallo (nine days of dawn masses). The Misa de Gallo starts as early as 4am. It commences on 16th of December and ends on a Midnight Mass on the 24th of December. I always tried my best to complete these nine (9) masses because my mom would always tells us that if we complete the nine masses, our wishes will come true. I don’t really remember the wishes I had but as far as I am now, I am thankful and blessed for some of them came true. 
Second is right after the mass is the traditional delicacies await the churchgoers. Food stalls were right outside the church and two of my favorites are bibingka and puto bungbong.
 Third is the caroling. This is the singing of Christmas Carols from one house to another, which we were using our homemade musical instruments like tambourine made of bottle caps, drums made our of cans.
Merry Christmas to all.










No comments:

Post a Comment