Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Beverly Lewis’ The Redemption of Sarah Cain - Book Report - ANALYSIS & PERSONAL REACTION

               
    “The Redemption of Sarah Cain” was my first Amish book to read.
 I admire the author, Beverly Lewis on the way she associated her heritage into her writing. 
  I should say this is one of the best books I’ve read so far on this school year. 
                 The story line is simple, yet portrayed in such a way that I felt the book holds a much deeper meaning: loss of faith, finding faith, growth, and learning from others. The story showed that aside from individual differences and cultural issues, each person can still learn from each other if each one of them is willing to actually listen.  The novel is rich in spiritual understanding, gives depth to commitment, not to compromise in temptation, and shows balance and belief in life.   
            The story had an element of suspense but overall it was a bit predictable.  From the title itself “The Redemption of Sara Cain”, the reader can tell what would likely to happen to the main character.    Although the ending is good but it was so quickly wrapped up. The entire book has a good pace but the story ended in so little pages left. As the story evolves, I could tell that Sarah may have had a change of heart at the end, when she said “No Josiah. Finding her voice, your mamma was a very nice woman, She did not make mistake...”. but all of a sudden it’s the epilogue. Although the author made everything falls into proper place, the
 revelation is so sudden. Yet, I still liked how the end of story went on how Lydia narrates the events in the epilogue.
                  After reading the story, I learned a little about Amish culture and their life. They are the people who could live a simple and uncluttered life.  I can’t believe that there are still people who live that way of life in this cyber age. I think I would like to read more on Amish community. Overall, the book has a good life lesson. It made me think about family, faith, culture, choices, and self-discovery.
          

 * This is my daugthers'  book report in English 101
Molly Mae N. Martinez
Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
Far East Asia Institute of Tourism Science and Technology












           





No comments:

Post a Comment