Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

ME-Itis Syndrome a.k.a AKO-logy Syndrome

Read and Pass the WORD
Let me share with you another inspiring message from “The Word for You Today”. Although the date was Jan 27, 2010, I just find it is interesting to post. Yet I am giving the credit to Bishop Johnson of Living Faith Christian Center. The message reflects on Psalms 139:23 that says “Look…into my heart” and starts on Dr. David Jeremiah's discussion on how a person get sick and which physical symptoms would show which he called the Me-virus. I also have other term for this, which is AKO-logy. According to him, this virus has different warning signs: MIRRORITIS – being fascinated or obsessed with one's own appearance. MONEYITIS-tightfistedness, equating your self-worth with your net worth and overspending personal wants. MICROMANAGEITIS- insisting on doing things your way, MAJESTYLITIS – an exaggerated opinion of your importance and a sense of entitlement, MAKEOVERITIS- the drive to one-up everybody else.

The Me-itis syndrome or Ako-logy calls for: (1) Strengthening your spiritual immune system with Scripture: His great and precious promises…enable you to…escape…corruption” (2Pe 1:4). (2) Prayer: “Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done and His peace will guard your hearts (Php 4:6-7). (3) A clear conscience: “I confessed my sins...you forgave me and took away my guilt” (Ps 32:5). (4) Fellowship: “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together…exhorting one another (Heb 10:25) (5) Service” “Each of you has received a gift…to serve others…that in everything God will be praised” (1Pe 4:10-11). (6) Relationships: “Pick your friends carefully, and avoid “me-it is carriers. (7) Giving: “A generous man will prosper, he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed (Pr 11:25)

No comments:

Post a Comment